Floria Polverari, Realtor on The Vanderblue Team and 2015 State President of the Womens Council of Realtors, gives a fun look at what the New Year has in store ...
Welcome 2016! I, for one, am ready to wipe the slate clean and start again. I love opening a brand new calendar (yes, back to basics with a paper calendar!) because with it comes a fresh canvas to create unique experiences and set the bar a little bit higher. Each New Year brings new opportunity to create new memories, so let's see what the year has in store for us.
Here are 5 Real Estate Trends to look out for in 2016:
1. The market has been working its way back to "normal" and this year it should level out.
2. The Millennials will continue to be the primary group of buyers.
3. New home construction will focus more on being affordable for the entry-level buyer.
4. Mortgage rates are likely to become more volatile.
5. The Rental market will increase. Because of this, buying is a better option than renting, leading to improved credit scores and increased savings for down payments.
Here are 5 Fun Facts for 2016:
- It's a Leap Year (getting an extra day is the best!)
- The Summer Olympics will be held in Rio de Janeiro
- It's the year of the Red Fire Monkey according to the Chinese Calendar
- On May 9th, Mercury will make a rare transition between the Earth and the Sun
- In November, we elect our 45th President!